Most people assume that lawn and landscape work needs to be done during the warmer season and that you have to wait until the ground thaws. While this can be true in some cases, the winter season is actually one of the best times of year for land clearing- and here is why:
- The ground is frozen: Freezing temperatures make the ground nice and solid. As such, the land is less muddy and better able to support heavy equipment.
- Snow preserves soil: Excavating with snow on the ground provides an extra layer of protection for the soil. While a significant amount of snow is problematic, a few inches is actually ideal for preserving the soil.
- Good use of time: Preparing your land during the dormant winter months creates more time for landscaping, farming, etc., once the weather breaks.
- Minimizes soil damage: Most plants enter a state of dormancy during the winter. Removing them during dormancy lessens damage caused to the land and soil.
- Preserves the soil: There is usually less precipitation and runoff during the winter. Thus, excavating during the winter takes advantage of the dry conditions and gives the soil more time to settle.
Hayes Services can schedule your project and help you manage its complexities. If you are considering working on a project not discussed here, then be sure to contact Hayes Services. From landscaping efforts to foundation preparation, there are a large variety of projects that require the assistance of excavation companies like Hayes Services. Be sure to work with a fully licensed contractor in order to achieve the safest and highest quality outcome.